View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

When I act in defense of my country, I do so with a closed mind. The last thing I want is reason or ration getting in my way.

I got the funniest image when you were talking about what the "knockers" should do.

If you want a real thing to hate about America, hate our ability to package useless crap (be it food, trinkets, gadgets, widgets, happy meals, whatever) and sell it like wildfire. We can sell you crappy TV, and then use the crappy TV to convince you to buy other crappy things you don't need. It's the worldwide grasp of our consumer culture that probably makes us more hated than anything else.

Next time you see a bunch of ululating fanatics on TV in some unidentifiable tan-colored town with tan-colored buildings burning a flag or hanging GWB in effagy, look for the "Pepsi" signs in the background and the labels on their tee-shirts. These people have had enough of our culture to hate us, but not enough to just give up fighting, plop down on the couch with a bag of Doritos, and grab a remote control to confort themselves.