View Single Post
Old 04-06-2001, 12:52 PM   #7
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

General Discussion Forum is here to keep all the spam in one place. There are posts here on a lot of different topics. I tend to blow of steam by going to the Hope's Inn Threads and joking around there. There are the newbies who enjoy doing the spam, but it does wear off. I might have over a thousand posts, but only the first 100 or so were of the Spam variety. I think Yorick and myself have had some wonderful conversations on Religion and world views. We have writing posts that allow people to express themself throught their writing, along with poetry posts. We have asked for, given, received help/support/friendship on a variety of fronts. Which of us is can throw the first can of Spam. I have spammed in the past, and I try to make my posts add something to the mix. If you want some more 'intellectual posts' then make them. Some would wonder if a post complaining about spam might not be spam in itself . . .

You also have to take in account the fact that we have many different people, races, creeds, backgrounds, etc. What some people consider to be worthwhile, other consider spam, not worthy of attention.

Solution: If you have a problem with the conversations on the board, start other threads with good topics. It does work. Rikard had a good one a couple of days ago.

OR just ignor the spam and find threads that are more your type and post there. If you don't like the 'Inn' don't go there.

And please don't take this as an attack on you. I don't know you, and I am not the type to take offense and flame someone. Actually, I sometimes agree that the level of spam gets a little excessive on the board and I take my conversations elsewhere. But it is hard to make a blanket comment on a board of thousands of people and not expect someone to take the other side of the arguement. It's just my turn.

BK