Thread: /)reams . . .
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 01:13 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I was an observer, 3rd person, kind like a floating cinematic camera, and I saw it like a movie, it combined real life and manga style characters... and yes I remember the dialogue O_o I don't know how or why but specific names to reside in my subconceouse and I wrote this while I was tired to ensure that the proper ID tags were given, at one point though I called Bob "Mark" so I do tend to botch things up from their exactness, but I'm trying to put it in a form that's understandable as a story anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] and the use of the world "brash" I have no idea what the exact meaning of the word is but it is used alot as a compliment O_o . . . I'm still trying to figure that one out...

Planting for the next harvest...

The sun burning scortching the earth with intense, life-giving heat, the tiny sacks being lowered from a man's basket, siloetted against the many rocks which go on as far as the eye can see, scattered patches of cracked earth where feilds had once stood, along with piles and mounds, graves? Monuments? no one was quite sure... they were so worn from time that they appeared to be naturally occuring and erroded monuments, sort of like in the surrounding lands where Road Runner and Whiley Cayote chase eachother, but without pavement, and no actual cactai, just a few sprigs of grass here and there... a white rose, being shifted by the wind, loosens a petal and it flys toward the man, now tilling his feilds... he spots it and grabs it out of the sky with unending harsh embrace... he eyes the foregn object... never having seen such a thing... and then a voice...

"Jack! ... JACK!"

He turns toward the sound and responds... "Mar..." he speaks with a tone full of energy, life, and free-spirit... "What are you doing out here?" "oh Jack! Your informality and kindness endow me with a great feeling of joy... please... beseech me further with thine commentation..."

"Well uh... How was the awakening?"

"It went as well as any other... did you miss it?"

"i've started learning to ignore the great talking monolyths..."

"hehe oh Jack you amuse me so... what are you doing to that ground?"

"I'm tilling it... to plant seeeds in it and they will grow into fine trees, providing shade from the sun, and fruit to eat, they will last year round in this climate..."

"My... where hath thou learned of these techniques?"

"my father... though... he passed away, as you probably know..."

"oh... I'm so sorry to hear that... well... death is something many don't seem to notice seeing as we feast on the devine fruits grown in Marduke's Palace!"

"Those fruits are unnatural, trees don't grow indoors... and the fruit tastes bitter to me..."

"Hahaha! Jack how silly of you, it is an aquired taste, we've all grown accustomed to it, after all, it provides the proper nourishment..."

"But it doesnt provide LIFE"

"... of course it does! life eternal!"

"that's a lie and you know it... There isn't life without good taste!"

"hahah! everyone is in good taste in the castle walls..."

The scene shifts from the desrt off to the right, away from where the sun had risen, and toward a great stone wall, miles out into the desert, in which billowing black smoke errupts from chimneys and grand banners fly...

"Come, let us go and have a meal there together..."

"I cannot Mar... these feilds call to be tended..."

"Suit yourself..."

The Spy

Meanwhile atop a billowing chimney, on a build-in rooste on the side, a figure looks out with a bizare pair of binoculars, distroting his eyes to look gigantic, he puts them down revealing beedy little spectacles with even smaller eye sockets behind them... the man has a posture so poor that he looks to be standing horizontal to the ground... he places a hand against his akeing back and slowly descends a rope to the floor, he then walks through crowds and up to an imperial building, the people seem to be going to and fro without actualy getting anything accomplished... nearing a studed and huge door, the man, shortened by his stature, opens the door with a reach that barley grasps the handel, opening it, he steps in and walks into a great room with a large pendulm-style axe swinging to and fro, under it lie bizzarely fasioned weapons and armor, but they are placed in such a way that grabbing at them would have the attempter slayn byt he pendulem. Two large guards bearing yellow armor with blue moons lower haliberds as the figure hobbles into the kings office...

"Halt! who goes there" the two say simultaneously...

"It's alright... let the man in..."

As if robotic, the arms are lifted and the man hobbles in... they then close behind him... he sits down onto a footstool as he is not able to reach a chair and the mighty king, with his cloak extending miles up a stairwa wich seems endless looks over the edge of his desk...

"what do you have something ot report on the endless horizon?"

"Yes melord..."

"well then spill it... or i'll have something of yours spilled which you'd rather have not..."

"yes melord... I would like to report that a young man is out past the gates..."

"He won't be out there for long, the heat is simply unbearable today..."

"But melord..."

"what?"

"he's been out there for the last 3 days... without food or water..."

". . . What are you telling me? is he a deserter?"

"I am not sure, but he wasn't attending the awakening..."

"HE WHAT?!"

Form and Fury

"I kid you not! he honestly chose to remain on the lifeless lands rather that come int the gates, and now a woman is with him..."

"Well I'm certain they will not do us any harm, if one of them comes back, tell them to remain quiet about what they'd done... be sure to do this or it will be your tounge!"

"YES MELORD!"

"Let him out..."

The man hobbles and then noices the swinging pendulum has sped up...

"Exit immedialty or i will have you slayn..."

"But sire I can't make it past..."

The pendulum sped up furher....

"GO now GO!"

"...BUT..."

"GO! THAT IS A ROYAL ORDER! IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW IT I SHALL HAVE YOU DAMNED TO ETERNAL..."

the man began hobbling forward as fast as his contorted legs could travel...

"IM GOING IM GO - " the speech was cutt off by the sound of metal slicing something quickly in two, and then the pendulum swept to and fro again, at a normal rate...dripping with scarlet...

there was a moment of silence...

"SILVER MOON GUARD!"

"Yes MeLord..."

"Get me the charter of the lands surrounding the kingdom! I want to know where this man is and why ihe is doing it! you can find it in the royal vault..."

"Yes Melord... charter charter gonna' get the charter..." He began repeating himself over and over as if singing, he neared a wall and the floor beneath began lowering, an elaborate system of cogs and gears was exposed around him as the shaft he waas in slowly lowered with a grounding sound, he then walked, without moving his legs, forward and through a few bizarely shaped passageways, ariving at a room basked in darkness except for a single holy light, descending down upon a map..."

"Charter!" He traveled back up the elevator and then proceeded, still with legs unmoving as he walked with only the bottoms of his feet, he handed the king the map...

"Now let's see... everything in this big circle is owned by me, and everything in that little circle is mine too and that little one and that little... ... WHAT IN GOOGLE'S NAME!!!" "That appears to read 'property of John Marlboro' melord..." the guard said hanging over his desk...

"I KNOW WHAT IT SAYS!!" he pushes him back... "but i won all the land around that land! why don't I own the land thats within my own... ah..." The king pulls a bizarley shaped eraser out of his desk and erases the circle, then takes out the words "John Marlboro" and writes in "King Douglas" AND BY ROYAL DECREE! this land is mine... and now what to do with it..."

(ok so maybe I didnt actually see words but that was imposed)

"How about a farm..." "Yeah so the people won't starve..."

"YOU FOOLS! that's just what THEY'D WANT!"

"... and?" "If they think that land can be grown on they'll get to thinking... and before you know it... they'll grow things on land!"

"And how is that bad?"

"A complete loss of power! That's what's bad... hmmm I think I have an idea... I SHALL NOW GO AND SPEAK TO MY PEOPLE!"

The King's Wraith

A choir shouted, and string insturnments came in after wild trumpet playing and a bizare choir began sounding off in a foreign language... the king stood atop his podum, overlooking the people, who had all gathered around... "EHEM... ATTENTION! " every megaphone around the kingdom rose up... "I HAVE SEEN TO IT THAT ANY MAN, WOMAN, OR CHILD, EXITING THE KINGDOM FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET AND ANY TIME OF NIGHT, SHALL IMMEDIATLEY... WITHOUT ANY QUESTION... BE SLAYN! Any attempt to live outside of the gates is SCUICIDE! and so I shall gladly have the perpetrator of such Heinouse crimes slayn... THAT GOES FOR EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD!! do you understand me?!"

"ALL HAIL THE KING!" "hes the GREATEST!" "HES THE FINEST!"

"Might I mention you look smashingly brash this evning sire..."

"Marcy ... you know he can't hear you..."

"AND ONE FINAL WORD!" the king blurted out... "I WILL NOW LIMIT THE SUPPLIES OF THE FOOD FROM THE ROYAL INDOOR GARDENS! NO ONE SHALL EAT UNTIL I ANNOUNCE THAT FEEDING CAN BE ALLOWED!"

"All hail the king! he's the greatest! he's the finest! He's our Savior!" shouted all of the people at once... except for one... Mar... staring at the king in horror in her pink and red dress... she knew she had to warn jack... but how?"

"Now now! calm yourselfs!" he said with a smile "Go about your regular business and have a nice life... err day..." he hen descended from the podium and out of sight... he looked at one of the Silver moon guards...

"Send out the steam dozers... NOW!"

"they will take a few hours to prepare..."

"Fine then! but be sure to send them as soon as you're done maintaing them..."

"Yes Melord..."

The king vanished into his dark doors, meanwhile the announcers continued to speak in the booth, overlooking the still sitting quietly and listening audience who'd been there that morning...

Starvation Anon

"And he just took a step forward into his office... and another... and another..."

"you said it bob!"

"and another..."

"and another..." they both said at one, one laughed "hahaha"

"and another..."

"Now he's sitting down..."

"Wow! That was a long walk he had to ta-"

"And he now is writing again..."

Everyone in the audeicne began to aplaude...

one called out "he's writing for our future!"

"That's right madam!"

"You said it..."