View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 05:08 PM   #15
Lucern
Quintesson

I too am in favor of not only parties, but large parties. I liked some of the old gold box games of 6 players + 2 henchmen, with the only penalty being them taking treasure and experience away.

I also liked a little game called Runesword 2 that you could download for free. It let you make parties of 9 and had interesting enough combat.

And I care not what you say, but I enjoyed post-patch Temple of Elemental Evil, and would have much more so if it was more expansive. Taking up to 8 characters (5 of your own + 3 of 36 NPCs) into a more epic quest would have been awesome. Instead I feel like my characters should be starting a new campaign after beating it. I liked its combat more than any D&D game ever before - turn based 3.5e rules in all its glory. Plus you could get a gay pirate. Don't try to pretend that isn't cool lol. It would have been better if they let ToEE finish cooking of course.

But I'm a fan of many games, and the more one has in their party (especially if it scales the game upwards), the more tactical possibilities there are. There are very little tactical possibilities in solo games. Besides, if the game doesn't offer much replayability, I'll miss out on all of the character types that I couldn't take. In AD&D games, that's a lot of characters.