Thread: Hardest soloing
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2001, 01:26 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Mages, Why They Are Easy To Solo With.
----------------------------------------

STR: Why do you need STR? How much can a Quarterstaff/Scroll Case/Gem Bag/Robe/Cloak/etc... weigh? The only time I needed to wear a Strength Girdle was to carry the illitium ore for the Sir Sarles quest. I usually only have 12 STR for my Mages.

DEX: 18 DEX is ideal, but then you can survive with 8 DEX thanks to Stoneskin/Mirror Image/Blur/Mislead/etc...

CON: 17 CON, if only to sacrifice one point during Chapter 4. Hp, while nice, is not a main factor for Mage because they rarely get hit.

INT: 18 INT, for the spells, although you can reduce it if you are a Sorcerer.

WIS: 18 WIS only if you want to use the wish spells regularly, otherwise 10 is enough.

CHA: 12 is enough.

Archers? Protection from Normal Missiles/Stoneskin/Mirror Image/Blur/Mislead/etc... Arrows smrrows, the enemy Archer has nothing on a Mage.

You know what I find hilarious? The number one cause of death for my solo Sorcerer on Insane Difficulty is myself, because sometimes I misjudge distance and set off too many spells near my Sorcerer.

Once you attain level 15, you become very strong, and once you hit level 18, dying becomes accidental. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To put it one way, my Sorcerer kills enemies with just one spell( Project Image) and has not rested yet since he stepped foot in Suldanesslar( thanks to Wish, currently in ToB).

Ever completed Suldanesslar to the end of SoA in less than an hour?( gametime) With a Sorcerer you can, and slightly longer for a Mage.

Land of the Psycho-moe