View Single Post
Old 11-09-2001, 04:15 PM   #7
AcePylut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you're going through for the first time... I'd go with something like this...(where all party members are made by you)

1 dwarf beserker (primary weapon = axes) the 19 constitution offsets the barbarian human hit points (sortof)
1 Elf Sorceror (my main character - 19 dexterity helps - and it's great to not have to memorize spells)
1 fighter (grand master of the cross bow) - dual to mage
1 fighter (grand master of the long bow) - dual to mage
1 fighter (shortbow) - dual to thief
1 fighter (2 weapon specializer - proficient in flails and hammers) dual to cleric.

You have =
5 fighters (2 tanks - the beserker and the Cleric)
3 mages (very very powerful)
1 Cleric (need healing, and good tank with Crom Faeyr)
3 great archer types
1 dwarf type (good resistance to magical attacks)
1 thief (you need a thief to disarm traps and open locks and pickpocket Ribald for that ring of regeneration)

Also - when you start out your fighters, they'll get the percentage bonus on their strength... take your time when rolling and you'll get a lot of high strength bonus characters

the downfall is that you rise in level slower because you're spreading exp around to 6 people. The upsight is that when you dual, you'll rise in your dualled class pretty quickly. I scribed about 50 spells from scrolls and my first fighter that was dualled to a mage rose to level 5 without even firing a shot!!