View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 01:27 PM   #28
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, I've been doing a bit of research and I haven't found anything lame about the FX...possibly it didn't meet NVIDIA's expectations, but given the price they're at now, particularly the FX5700 and 5900, they seem to be quite good cards for the money. And even the cheaper cards FX5500, FX5200 seem to be more than adequate for things like NWN gaming, RTS, TBS and watching DVDs etc.

I went to www.whirlpool.net.au (an OZ broadband site) to inquire about video cards and got told to buy nothing less than a Radeon 9800 or an FX5900, both going for at least $500 OZ. Considering that my CPU is "only" a P4 1.4Ghz it's probably going to be a waste of money for me to get a high-end card - besides, some of the blokes there sounded like the types that would spent $500 on a power cable.

In any case, I'm starting to narrow it down to a Radeon 9200 or 9600 or an FX5500 to 5700. Any comments/feedback?

Larry, I'm a bit concerned about your "lame" comment. Do you know something about these FX cards that I might need to know if I was planning to get one?