View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 05:25 PM   #84
Zero Alpha

Right ok. let me see. what i reaaly want to hear is a proof of god that doesnt include ANY loose ends. for example alot of the arguments i have heard include the justification of beleif in god, as 'the bible says to belive'. ok fine. how do we know the bible is wright? 'The bible says so'. ok no what else you got? 'God wrote the bible'. how do you know? 'It says so'. how many times have i heard the argument that he exists because he does. along the lines of Innocent until proven guilty - i should never need to offer a disproof of god, i should be offered a real proof in favor. it is a lot harder to disprove existance of something than it is to prove it exists. for example - 'Disprove the Existance of aliens'. can you do it?

on the thought of impossibility of omnipotance, i totally agree. omnipotance creates a paradox which could not survive in a universe of ordered rules, as ours seems to be. and if he did exist without omnipotance he is therefore a powerful non human. an alien. so far as i can see, if you belive in god, you technically belive in aliens.

I dont know what you belive but i know what i do. 'What is the matrix? control. it turns a normal human into this (battery)' (paraphrased). What is God? control to turn a normal human into the preachers slave. you dont do what he wants your Obviously going to hell. you do what he wants and its heavan for you. Cynical i know but it makes sence.

[ 05-06-2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]