View Single Post
Old 12-15-2001, 12:55 AM   #3
Kaleban
Manshoon

Or at least a full-on munchkinized powergaming fest in which everything falls before you with absolutely no challenge, and very limited dialogue, even if you pick up 1 or 2 NPCs.

If you want challenge, solo. If you want fun, party with the NPCs. I mean, come on, the available combinations and plot hooks of all the NPCs are quite varied, and I highly doubt you've used EVERY NPC in your parties for the full game, right?

Save creating your own parties for multiplay, if you're gonna single play, I say use the NPCs as their dialogue and interaction more than makes up for what you'll lose in combat power. Plus, its more fun I think to have to combine a party that effectively blends strengths while minimizing weakness through tactics and skill/spell usage. If every single party member is a walking tank, what's the point of tactics or gameplay? You can simply walk up to things and *thunk* them, and that takes away from the challenge I think.