View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 01:08 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I'll show you my opinion if you show me yours. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I would have figured my opinion would have been guessed already.

I do think he should resign.

I think his apology should be accepted, but I believe he has damaged all the work his party has done thus far in regards to race relations. Republicans have worked very hard to make all races feel that they are welcome in their party. This remark and many of his actions and words in the past have not helped

I believe he thinks he made a mistake. I'm not sure if the mistake was that he said what he meant and just forgot where he was and what the reprecussions would be.

He will again be a very powerful man in the Senate. He will set the agenda and the tone of the Senate. I'm not sure if he deserves the privilege of the position. I would recommened Bill Frist as a replacement.

Lott is damaged goods. The Republican Party has an enormous opportunity to do much good in this country. I fear that Lott will be unable to lead and will be dogged by this controversy for forseeable future.

I do not believe he will go or be forced out, because he has stated that he will step down as a Senator if he is made to resign. He holds the trump card. If he leaves, the Democratic Governer of Mississippi will surely appoint a Democrat to replace him which would make it a 50/50 split in the Senate. As far as the government is concerned, I am sure this will not and can not happen.

My opinion! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark

[ 12-15-2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: skywalker ]