View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by pook:
I have really learned a lot from your site. Of course, being new to BG and new to AD&D at the same time, there's a lot to learn though that's not to take anything away from your stuff.

However, in trying out some of your suggestions, I find in improved haste that I simply don't know what you are saying.

"This spell has a "power" of only 3, meaning it knocks only three levels off (Minor) Spell Deflection or Turning. This may have been BioWare's intention, since you now cannot destroy a Minor Spell Turning by bouncing one of these off it."

I know you are listing it as a bug, but what it means is beyond me. Do you mean to say that if you use one after the other, then...or what?
"Power" means the level the spell is considered by the Game Engine.
Almost all of the spells are correctly implemented - their "Power" is indeed equal to their level.
In some cases, like Improved Haste (which is a level 6 spell, but has a "Power" level of 3) or Remove Curse (which is a level 4 spell, but has a "Power" level of 3), there was an error in implementing the spell. BioWare were too lazy, i suppose, so they just "Copy&Pasted" spells instead of creating new ones.
This doesn't matter much - but, for example, when trying to soak back a level 6 spells with a Spell Trap, don't use Improved Haste - it won't work. (It WILL recharge a level 3 spell, though [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Quote:
Since you are an expert in contrast to me, I wanted to let you know that this was the only thing on your site that I have found so far, that I didn't know what you meant. (Besides, I still want to know what you mean. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Job well done mate!
Thank man, both for the compliment and the feedback! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-24-2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote