View Single Post
Old 03-14-2001, 05:44 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I was worried about new 'cliques' of folks developing where the forums didn't communicate with each other, but if that happens it won't be the fault of guys from the GD forum. I regularly see us over there, but it's less likely seeing a new user here. Oh well. Such is life

It's not really an issue of who's at fault - at the end of the day you can't force newbies to come here and vice versa. The newbies who will come here are the ones who feel confident in discussing the issues that get discussed here. For example Aurican has tried to get involved in a lot of issues which i think is great. Sometimes I feel that newbies might try to post here and because they might not get acknowledged first or second time they might lose heart. But there's only so much we can do - it's impossible to acknowledge everyone, but it doesn't mean that your contribution goes unnoticed! I think that the newbies are probably more into the BG2 stuff at the moment and that's fine - one man's wine is another man's poison and vice versa!

I regularly visit ALL forums (doesn't mean everyone else has to ok?) and I think it's working quite well. It certainly makes it easier to find and talk about stuff.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame