View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 12:18 PM   #19
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

What Ms Toogood did was a far cry from a smack on the butt. That was a beating if I ever saw one! She deserves to go to jail and loses her children. All three of them. No child deserves that!

As far as corporal punishment goes, I think it's acceptable within limits. Case in point. I was at a football game last night watching my 7 year old daughter cheerlead, when I noticed two boys around 4 or 5 setting on the ground, one on top of the other. The one on top was BITING the others arm. His momma noticed what was going on and yanked him up and made him set in her chair. He was also told "NO". she went back to watching the game, at which time he got up and began hitting her with a chair bag and kicking her. What did she do? She continued to watch the game. The other little boy went to his mom, who was setting behind me and showed her what happened. He had pretty bad tooth marks and probably a nasty bruise today. The moms had a "discussion" about the incident. I wasn't able to overhear what was said, but it looked heated. The biter was never punished other than being sat in a chair, that he promptly got out of. I thought he deserved a smack on the bottom, a good scolding and should have been made to set in the chair for the duration of the ballgame. He learned nothing except that he could get away with it again.

He obviously had no respect or fear of his momma.