View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Dragon Age 2 (Rant included, PG)

Having completed Dragon Age 2 twice so far, with a 3rd play-through in progress, I must remark that overall, it has been a VERY engaging experience.

The neat thing is... not in a rainbows and robot unicorns way. I actually lost my temper multiple times and wrangled with internal frustration at the machinations going on in the game. Most of the recruit-able NPCs made me want to punt them off a cliff instead of saving them from their self-induced misery and conflict.

For all my anger though... it made me think, "Wow... this game really pushed my buttons." Most games choose to give you the option to save the world, get the girl, and pat the puppy along the way.

Not Dragon Age 2. I would elaborate more, but won't due to spoilers.

Needless to say, it has been very riveting; and now that I have gushed enough over the story element, I want to state that I want to face-punch the team in charge of the combat system.

Make up your damn minds. Don't mash styles haphazardly and hope it works out for the best. It's totally inane that if an enemy gets pushed back, your controlled character stops attacking entirely until you re-target the target. It also irks me every time a right-click cancels my current action.

I really miss the days when I could script the whole party to fight for themselves. I so want the option to let my selected character self-utilise his/her own tactics during combat.

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote