View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 10:01 AM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellin da Mage:
You'll have to enlightn me as to how a warrior can cast a spell on a mage, and what spell your talking about, but you just might be on to something here if what you say is true. Sounds like a cheep move though. However I'm assuming that it can be reflected. Your not the only one to pack a cloak of reflection, and spell turning. Potions due run out also.

We never did set a level on our debate, so I'm assuming quite high level. I also have to admit most of my bias comes from the PnP game, not BGII. It does seem that the game is a little scued to warriors. Golems are a big problem, easly fixed in the PnP game by useing tricks to trap golems, but not on BGII. I have to admit that a solo mage would not live very long in this game.

*shrug* I don't even care which class is better, I have all of em in my party and were kicking some but.

I just don't think that 250(why 250 and not like 780 or something?) gives them a fair shake. Proabaly due to his style of play. I'm very defensive playing, were he sounds like the fast acting type. Both work well, just suited to differant temperments. What should really scare everyone is if we both join the same team once. Anyway I'll shut my cake hole now. Its pointless to debate personal perfrence.

Fighter/Mage is my favorite anyway. Best of both worlds

first of all, that spell I am casting is not a spell, it is a green scoll called scoll of magic protection. second of all, it cannot be reflected. third, it is not cheap, because I ONLY use it in three situations:
a, enemy mage is using staff of magi and dont show up his face.
b, enemy mage is trying to use imprison. (i can tolerate time stop but not imprison)
c, enemy mage is using an edited character