View Single Post
Old 03-25-2001, 03:55 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Cloudy.... stay calm... breath in.... hold, 1, 2, 3 exhale.....

Nobody would assume you roleplay the whole board.

I was pointing out I don't at all.

People switching in and out would explain some of the confusion. I don't understand what happened and nobody seems to want to let the cat out of the bag, but I will say this.

When I call Draconia my sister, this is not role-play. No she's not my sibling, but it gives any support and affection a context. It pains me when I hear of stuff she's going/been through, and I want to empathise, give her and her children support, let her know she's not isolated and that her online company is enjoyed.

When I started the "Give Moiraine a hug" thread after her car accident, I made it clear it was for brotherly/sisterly "hugs" of support. The visualisation of a hug is powerful in this context, as the reality is, we cannot physically do so.

These are not role-play situations. Others may well get confused if people switch in and out of 'role' because ALL of our communication is limited to writing, and not everyone role-plays. Sometimes it may be harder for folks to know when someone is 'playing' and when someone is 'real'.

Don't go feeling bad Cloudy. We have never roleplayed together, and I'm aware that any communique between us has been genuine and real. Of that have no fear.

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!