View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Oh, also they're apparently adding new hardware to their servers soon, so they can hold the massive amounts that WoW draws in. There was a Dev post about it at some point. That said, this has always been WoW's weak-point since I started playing; underestimating expected population. Yes, we pay $15 a month for it and I feel that it is defo. out of hand at times, but hey at least WoW doesn't suck with but the servers are perfect and stable

I do however feel that every patch seems to bring more bugs and the patches take too long as it is to go live. I'm not being naive or ignorant to the development/gaming process and industry here and I fathom the effort it takes to get new content designed, tested and released without hitches and also am aware that some bugs will never be caught until after release. It is just for a game that rakes in so much cash and so many million customers, a game who has been doing so for over a year...I expect more. Hire testers to work nightshifts alongside the dayshift people and pay them double close to release time, hire your own players to test each build (oh wait they do that already - who knew?). Whatever it takes, god knows Blizz has the money and if farmers are willing to work for pennies all day, people would easily do it for premium wages.

Edit: HT, patch is like 20 some mb IIRC.

[ 02-08-2006, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]