View Single Post
Old 10-19-2000, 03:15 PM   #1
Wynnter

There are a few things to know before editing your characters and things to know about the game in general that effect the editing. FIRST and MOST important. You need to leave all of your characters in the INN before you exit the game, after you have exited the game edit the ROSTER.DAT file with this program. You can copy the ROSTER.DAT file to either the UGE10 directory that you unzip this to or just point the UGE program to the directory where you have your ROSTER.DAT file saved. Some folders with a high amount of files in it will cause UGE not register them all so I suggest you just copy the ROSTER.DAT file back and forth from the UGE10 directory to the Wizards & Warriors directory as needed. I would also suggest you back up your ROSTER.DAT file before any editing so if corruption does occur, you can place the old back in and just try again.

First, getting the UGE10 game editor with my module I created :
http://www.slapbitches.com/users/superman/uge10.zip
download that and then unzip it to a directory (your desktop or somewhere it is easy to get to).

The various things it is capable of editing per character are as follows :

****** NAME ****** : Displays the name of the characters whose stats are listed below.
CURRENT CLASS : This is a feature that I added at the last moment and is from my best guess a value of one (1) to fifteen (15). I will leave it up to you all to experiment with this feature and if you like you can post your findings here for the rest of us to know for our editing fun. I know 10 is Ninja, and 7 is Warlock I believe.
Attributes listed below follow this rule : I am not sure on the max value the game will allow however I have limited this to 255 max. I know the game registers up to at least 25.
STRENGTH : Current Strength Value
INTELLIGENCE : Current Intelligence Value
SPIRITUALITY : Current Spirituality Value
DEXTERITY : Current Dexterity Value
AGILITY : Current Agility Value
FORTITUDE : Current Fortitude Value
WILLPOWER : Current Willpower Value
PRESENCE : Current Presence Value
CURRENT HIT POINTS : This value is limited to 32,767 and needs to be EQUAL to or LESS than Max Available Hits! if you exceed the Max value it may cause errors.
MAX AVAILIABLE HITS : This value is limited to 32,767 total hits.
MONEY 1 : This is the amount of money currently being carried by the character in their inventory. I have not gone above 2billion but the value is limited to a max of 2,147,483,647 max. Giving yourself a max value is fine, but if you pool your money from all the characters it won't stack it all and fills up your inventory with 10million stacks of gold. This value needs to EQUAL to Money 2.
EXPERIENCE : Read my notes on this value below.
CHARACTER TRAITS : I suggest using the value of 2,000,000,016 - this gives you a LOT of very good traits not to mention the ability of Dragon Breath and Sneak.
MONEY 2 : This value needs to be EQUAL to Money 1.
WARRIOR GUILD RANK : Current rank in any guild. I think 7 is the max value.
WIZARD GUILD RANK : Current rank in any guild. I think 7 is the max value.
CLERIC GUILD RANK : Current rank in any guild. I think 7 is the max value.
ROGUE GUILD RANK : Current rank in any guild. I think 7 is the max value.
BUSHI GUILD RANK : Current rank in any guild. I think 7 is the max value.

This game is like no other, so in giving yourself 2billion experience points, you are actually doing less good than by giving yourself enough to level one time. Every level you get the ability to select spells and then train in various guilds for skills and abilities. I would suggest you edit your characters completely to your liking THEN edit the experience values of each character. Give them just enough for level 2 (ie for level two as a warrior you need 1100 exp, give yourself 1101) and then enter the game and level up. Return your characters to the INN and edit the experience again only enough to make level 3. Continue that until you are a level you are satisfied with. If you decide to go the other way and not take my advice, the experience is limited to a value of 2,147,483,647. DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF 2billion exp! That is well over 500th level and the game cannot comprehend that level, after about 500 levels you will run out of skills to train in and get stuck on that screen…. Start off with a nice moderate value.

I take no responsibility for any damage done to either your computer or the game you use this to edit. I supply this as is and will not support it in any way. The UGE program is shareware and was created by HARTMAN GAME UTILITIES. I suggest you register this program as it is very useful. You can download and get information for this program from http://pw1.netcom.com/~jhartman/index.html