View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 04:03 PM   #4
Lucre
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:
what are the advantages to swashbuckler? I know he's a good fighter (for a theif), but then why wouldn't I just take a fighter so I could use all armor etc? Backstab seems like one of the best "fighting" features to being a thief.

Well - the AC bonus is good for a theif, he gets full amount of theving stats per level(only theif kit that does) +1 to hit/+1 to damage every so many levels, superb in ToB when using +40000 halberds etc. I would play a Neutral Evil halfling(for super theiving skills and real hobbit feet not just fluffy hats stuck to your real feet)or elvern swashbuckler.

But I also like Bards - especially Blades and Jesters although blades are the stronger apart from quarter normal lore or something, so instead of 10 every level you would only get 5 every 2 levels. Bards can use all the cool harps in the game and get a great stronghold, as well as the ability to cast mage spells up to level 6 spells and they can wear chainmail. I would play a Chaotic Neutral half-elvern Blade.

You can tell i dont like humans much, i just can't stand the little picture of them on the game screen. They look like idiotic people who have funny shoulder plate thingies. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote