View Single Post
Old 12-04-2000, 04:35 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

Yes, elite characters are definitely worth it.
About your warlock: you can't learn higher level spells than your current role level, so until your warlock is level 4 he can't learn new level 4 spells (although he can cast those he already knows). Naturally he still needs his fire skill to be at least level 4 too.
Note that in this the warlock is an exception in that he can still normally advance in spell books of his former role(s). Other roles can only learn spells of former roles at half their skill, so p.e. if you switch from priest (spirit and vine) to monk (spirit only) you need to be level 8 in the vine skill to be able to learn 4th level spells. This is something to think about before changing roles: I changed my priest too soon, and I have never obtained to 'cure' spell (vine 6), the only spell to cure diseases.

You can become elite roles with any character you want, as long as they pay the money and complete the quest. You can also switch from one elite role to another, but never to a basic role, nor to a role you already have been. (In contrast you can only become a special role (assassin etc.) with 1 character. But that's only for much later.)