View Single Post
Old 11-07-2000, 04:15 PM   #6
willy1

Tucks:

I have been reading a lot of post on this forum. And I have also ran into some of the same probs. If you have checked the stores, double checked to make sure its not on a diff char, then here is what has most likely happened. (Also note the fact doing any of the aforementioned does not make u an idiot, just makes u human)

First, there is a bug in the inn. Quest items tend vaporize on chars left in the end. I have heard ppl losing items left on mules that are placed in the inn. As far as I can tell, STAY AWAY FROM THE INN! If you must go there, be careful with what u bring. And don’t leave the inn with the chars that have items you want.

Another possibility is a full inventory. This happened to me with the band of boars. My ratman opens all the chest and gets all the crap. So he fills up fast. If stuff falls, I simply have someone else pick it up. But there is always the chance I didn’t realize I dropped something. And when u leave, what was left is lost for good. While I am sure this didn’t happen to u, it is just a possibility.

As for solving your prob, you have 2 choices. One is risky, the other one might get under your skin. First, you could do as Eldurin suggested and hex edit. To me that opens up a world of probs, not to mention the fact I don’t think many ppl can do. It also could be considered cheating, but if u simply give yourself a lost Mavin, then no harm done. Just be careful! Wouldn’t want to screw the game up. Next, you can restart the quest. It is an option found under "games" in the options menu. That would mean you would have to do everything. But, believe me you would jet through everything. I completely restarted with new chars after I had made it to the 2nd town. Well, the crypt took me about 30min. And that was cuz I opened every create etc. Finally, I am sure you have tried this one. But go back to the Mavin shrine, cross your fingers and hope its there! If the game doesn’t have many item safeguards. But perhaps he has one for the most important item!

Willy1