View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #1
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Can anyone talk me through exactly how you are supposed to do this? I know a fair bit about computers, and have been trying to do this for a couple of hours, but so far I have had no success. Basically there are 2 computers (for now) that I want to start the sharing. They are connected via a netgear router.

The first pc is connected via ethernet to the router and is running on XP SP2.
The Second computer is connected via a wireless card and is running on XP SP1, this is the one that is connected to the printer.

I have installed the software on computer #1 (although it keeps telling me it can't find the printer, which I know since it isn't plugged in there.)

Also I have tried setting it up through Network Setup Wizard, but it doesn't seem to work. On this computer (#2) I can now see a shared Docs area in network connections, but it isn't displayed on the other and nothing else happens.

Is this because of some router settings, or maybe because the printer is plugged into pc2 instead of pc1, when 1 is connected via ethernet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ross