View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #98
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
hey, let's face it, snowboarders screw up the snow -- especially in Vermont's wetter conditions and where the powder is ungroomed and pure.
Excuuuuuse me? Snowboarders to NOT screw up the snow, its the damn skiers that go through the untracked powder and make those horrible mougles that I always nearly break some bone on [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Hey, Lady Blue, my favorite areas are in the woods, dodging the trees, what about you? I prefer tree-dodging to groomed skiing, even where the half-pipes and jumps are concerned.
Awe hell ya, nothing better than boarding in the trees. Can't do it so much here in Socal, but up at Mammoth and in Vail, its super fun. I remember last season at Vail my best friend and I were doing our last run of the trip in a thick tree area that no one had been in. Well one turn around a tree was too tight for me to make by myself so i grabbed it so swing myself around and it ended up ripping off my glove and turning the liner inside out, plus landing me on my but at the base of the tree. We both thought it was so funny we sat there for 10minutes laughing and trying not to make yellow snow

Quote:
And, let's face it, with your wonderful western powder you avoid a lot of the treachery inherent in eastern skiing. In fact, in Vermont, they have a saying that "out west, you ski for fun, in the east you ski to survive." While I envy your high powder, I'll take a bit of pride in dodging wet snow, icy conditions, and rocky outcroppings, if'n you don't mind.
ya, s'true for the most part. It does get icy bad sometimes though, and up at Mammoth there are plenty of cliffs to launch yourself off of