View Single Post
Old 03-09-2001, 07:09 PM   #37
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
For all you Metallica fans out there, and especially for Vicotnik (as a violinist): has any of you ever heard of Apocalyptica???? This is a band from Finland consisting of 4 cello players who play their own versions of Sepultura, Pantera, Faith No More but especially METALLICA songs!!!! It's a wonderful initiative and sounds absolutely GOBSMACKING!!!!!!! You'd be amazed to hear the weird stuff you can do with a cello!
I just bought their 2nd album which also has a few of their own compositions but the 1st album is exclusively Metallica covers. I'm not making any ethical remarks about Napster here, nor am I admitting that I use it (I don't, actually) but I do know that you can download their songs there. Vic, if you don't know them , maybe I can put a song on the cd I'm sending you anyway!

Yes I have listened to the, in fact I have one of their CD's. Very good actually, I like their version of the unforgiven and Fade to black. I would love to get a hand on their transcripts though and revise for a quartet or something like that!

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.