View Single Post
Old 02-06-2002, 10:25 PM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
My strategy for the last fight on WK5 (apart from the standard pre-fight buffing & summoning spells) was to attack from the right-hand side, instead of the left. Both sides have a brutal lineup, but I found that the ones on the right (Kensai, Archer, and a Drow who casts Insect Plague) caused me some SERIOUS pain if I didn't take them down hard and FAST. I just sent my near-invincible Tank (Undead Hunter with Cloak of Mirroring) over to the left side to keep them busy while I plastered their right flank.

The dead-magic and wild-magic rooms didn't bother me as far as my own spells were concerned, as my party was very capable with just weapons & bows. What annoyed me were all the Quasits--My girlfriend got turned into a man, and I lost all my gold. The loss of over 250,000 GP is not something I take lightly, so I had to reload and had my archers take that room.

Actually, you DON'T have to take your whole team against the Demi-Lich. My Berserker->Cleric was able to go in and slowly pound him to death with Crom Fayer. (If you don't have a Berserker, I think the Rod of Absorbtion, usable by any Cleric or Mage, will protect you for 4 rounds per charge. Or Protection from Magic or Undead, of course.)

The dragon was tough, but soooooo worth it. Besides, I'm used to casting Raise Dead & Heal.

I never even challenged the Demogorgon--they said killing him would free him, so I let him lie.

Actually, it MADE
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote