View Single Post
Old 03-06-2001, 01:20 PM   #43
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Hey Guys,

I guess I have to weight in. I was very sad when I heard about Santee. Afteall thats happened here over the last several years, you would have thought we as parents and adults would have learned a thing or too. Every one of us has a responsiblity as an adult to raise ALL of our children. Not just your on. What made this especially difficult for me was the fact that this kid had told an adult that he was thinking about doing this. At that moment that adult should have stopped everything he was doing and sought some kind of help! Instead he told that kid "if I caught you taking a gun to school I'll have you put in jail". I heard that man say that on TV last night. I believe it was the mothers boyfriend. Why could he not have gone to the school with the kid and found out what the problem was and a solution. We cannot ignore our children. We cannot just tell them "don't do this cause you will get in trouble" and assume that that will stop everything. Kids have to be raised 24/7.

I also tend to agree with Draconia on the gun thing. Even if we were to ban all guns in this county (would start a civil war), they would never get them all. Then the only people that would have guns are the criminals. That's kind of an old cligue (or however you spell it), but it's true if you think about it. IF the law abiding citizens turn their guns in and the criminals don't; who has the power?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Ten Rings there are, and nine gold torcs on the battlechiefs of old...