View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Sometimes, when I am writing a chapter for the Stackman Saga or a story for various other threads, I sit and ponder the gameplay of this great game and the time when I played it for the first time.

Then I think about the designs of the dungeons and the puzzles, and I thought that these themes would make a good discussion, although I know that there have been threads in the distant past dealing partially with these subjects.

So what I would like to hear from you is: What is your favourite dungeon and why. What is your favourite puzzle, and what was your biggest thrill of discovering a new place or making a breakthough in the game?

Personally, my favourite dungeon is the crypt. It is the first dungeon one encounters and it has all the elements of horror. It does not have the sheer beauty of Collasium or the wonderful mine cart rides of the Stout Mines, but the swim across the asylum moat was what really made me love this game.

My favourite puzzle would be the vault puzzle in Shurugeon Castle. Perhaps because it is the one with the most logical solution. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The occurence which was the most thrilling. (Apart from spotting the crypt lever for the first time [img]smile.gif[/img] ) would have to be either using a crate to open the portcullis in the path of the wizard or finding the Snake Temple Belfry.