View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 11:16 AM   #30
MagiK

About the Kyoto accord and the USA not going along with it. First and foremost, Global warming as a result of HUMAN interference has not even been close to being an established fact. Any competent meteorologist will tell you that no one really knows what effect man has on the global weather. Also it should be pointed out that a single volcanic eruption puts more "greenhouse gasses" into the atmosphere than all of mankind combined. Man has only been measuring actual temmperatures and weather patterns for a very very short time. Geologicaly speaking we are supposedly between Ice Ages and we have no idea what happens to set into motion an Ice Age. All the kyoto accord does is medel further with processes that man doesnt understand and allow third world contries to produce all the polution and smog they want while hamstringing the US. The USA is also NOT the leading producer of environmental pollution introduced into the environment. The ever stricter environmental laws in the USA are far more effective than those applied world wide. Russia, China and most of the so called "third world" countries put more pollution into the system simply because they have few if any regulations to start with. The kyoto accord is just a con job by the eco-terrorists who want to alarm the general populace and is backed only by theory, guesses and unscientific feeling.
Base your arguments in cold hard fact. If you have to "fudge" the numbers to make your point, then your point isn't worth making. Should the USA continue to look for ways to get cleaner industry? Sure, should we gut our economy to do it? No! People say that the automobile is a vile evil polution generator, well think about this...what do you think would happen if we replaced all the cars with horses??? We would all be up to our ears in horsh sh*t thats what would happen. How do I know what is going on in other countries (since I obviously live in the USA)? thats easy to answer...been there thats how. I spent more than 10 years globe trotting, and I have to tell you aside from switzerland, the USA is the cleanest place Ive been. Yeah if you only look at the cities which in some cases are larger than some countries some of them are kind of dirty but the USA is a country that is the size of a continent and what you see in New York City or LA is not even close to being representative of what the country is like as a whole.

Well thats the opinion of an educated, traveled, veteran that doesnt just accept newspaper headlines as fact.
------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-05-2001).]