View Single Post
Old 09-05-2001, 08:17 AM   #22
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
To continue a discussion from another thread, just what impression is the United States making on the world right now?
I don't see any bashing there do you. I see a question, it was later that name calling started and that's what I am refering too.

I served in the US Air Force. It is common policy for both sides to cross lines and play the "Game". It was in fact the Chinese fighter that struck the prop driven american plane. Or do you think a prop driven aircraft can catch a Jet fighter?
As far as the us crossing the boundries of treaties...name a country that hasn't ever broken a treaty.
In the USA we are all nationalities and all colors. We are also one of the two remaining "Super Powers" (I always hated that name). As a nation we will do what we need to in order to survive. I personally don't see what problem a missle defense system would be. Or do you think Iran, Iraq and a dozen others will be content with the systems they have and never develop ICBM's? They have also shown a willingness to use indescriminate weapons of terror and mass destruction. Bush has said he would share the system with other nations.
But then again perhaps you would rather see the US turned into a smoking hole.
I do not get into these kinds of discussions usually. They leave a bad taste in my mouth. It also seems that no matter what we all lose in them. I look petty for defending a country I love. I am proud to be a US citizen and proud that I sevred. I did vote for Bush. He was the best choice as far as I was concerned.
The last thing we needed was Slick Willies Buddy.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.