View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 10:10 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Who am I to quibble with the great Stackman?

Tonight's updates...

Has anyone else noticed that when you leave Ishad N'ha for Shurugeon Castle and parts north, it's almost always at night time? We were finally ready to go take on the salads, and it was the middle of the night! I really don't fancy taking them on in the dark, but I wasn't willing to wait around monk-style until it was morning.

I'm sure this is in Best Tips, but the salads spawn in the lake north of the burned-out hut. The little passage north that's just west of the hut is actually a great place to find them, most times. The party, wizard and bard armed with *storm spells, proceeded to this little passageway, only to discover it occupied by a pack of worgurs. Rather than change spells, the wizard let loose with a firestorm... when lo and behold, a salad showed up in the damage listings!

Enough info for us... we ran!

Then we came back, checking to see where he was. Problem was that he found us at the same time we found him Another storm spell fired off, and we ran away. The paladin started healing everyone up and curing poison when we got the good news -- the salad had died.

We went back for the second one and repeated the process. This time, Spunky the pixie bard barely survived -- her red HP line was *maybe* two pixels high -- and a couple of folks had leveled up, so we ran back to town to train.

Headed back out because I seem to recall there being a third salad, and sure enough, there in the same passageway, was he. Again, he saw us when we saw him, spells were cast, running was done, and he died.

Now, IIRC having a high Will increases your resistance to magic and stuff like that... like salad breath, for example. The entire party is at 18, with the possible exception of a couple of characters. IMNSHO, it didn't do a lick of difference. The salad came, it saw, it breathed, and we ran, screaming like ninnies, as its breath ate away at us. Perhaps there's a bigger boost when your WIL is over 20...

We ran over to Torin to give him the dragon arrows (and buy them back), so the first guild quest is complete at the dojo. The second involves the Boogre Caves, so we're going to hold off on that one for a bit.

L'Yessa the elven wizard has switched to Warlock, which means we're going to be running the gauntlet again for a while. She was the last one to change from her original class, primarily because she started with sun magic and hadn't gotten all her stone level 7 spells yet. Once she's ready, it's off to the Castle.

I've really been enjoying the bard, though, more than I thought I would. That Lute of Tranquility really rocks! I never thought that sleep spells could be so much fun! The Lute of Blessing has been a waste so far, but the Pipes of Poison were pretty cool. Only downside is that she seems to be consuming mana at a really fast pace... perhaps that will slow down when she gets a higher music skill (currently 5).

I don't know if I'll get more gaming in before Christmas, but if I do, the Castle is next, with a quick trip to the stout mines afterwards. I think I want all three barbarians at guild level 5 before I make a ranger or two...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote