View Single Post
Old 05-20-2001, 12:07 PM   #1
Evil Jake

Which classes are the most interesting to play? Rate the classes you have played and completed the game with. +++++ the best to + the worst. I'm talking about fun not about destructive capability!

For me....

+++++ Swashbuckler/ Fighter (dueled to Fighter at 11th level)
A great lead charactor who could scout,remove traps ,pick locks and was a killer tank. Always in the middle of things. With 4 attacks per round super low THAC0 and an AC -12 he often soloed entire dungeons.

++++ Sorcerer.Much more combat oriented than a mage. Great for trying out assorted sequencers and spell triggers.

+++1/2 Bard. Half fighter half mage. Great fun running and gunning with wands of summoning and cloudkill. Can also cast spells from scrolls while wearing armor. ( which he often did ) Hardly ever took off his armor to cast his memorised spells.

+++1/2 Archer. I just liked picking off baddies with a bow. Saved the groups collective arse many a time. Steathing and sniping!

+++ Invoker Mage. Enjoyable but didn't get in the action nearly as much as the sorcerer.

++ 1/2 Swashbuckler. OK to play but not much of a fighter. Frequently croaked in combat and caused many a reload. ( maybe I should have given him a bow )
Nahhh forget that. A swashbuckler's gotta have a sword in each hand! Anything else wouldn't be swashbuckling.

++1/2 Monk. Some people think they are the greatest. A fine tank but...yawn.

++ Cleric. Outside of the occasional invisible sneak attack with Firestorm
he wasn't much fun. Creating the skeleton warriors was also very handy. A
great party addition but not much fun. Pretty much a utility charactor.