Thread: BEST TIPS!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 02:03 AM   #166
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I don't know whether this will be of much help to people, but here goes!

There is a way to find two (yes, two!!) pieces of dragon ore in the stout mines. Okay, when you have just gone along the mine cart track you repaired and have gotten to the broken bridge above a lava lake, jump across and end up at the bottom of the track. Keep going through this little tunnel (grabbing the hidden gems along the way...) until you reach a dead end. Or is it? Using the jump up onto walls technique, i found that there was a ledge pretty high up. Climb up to it, then go along. You should meet a lava pup and behind him is an ore pile with a piece of dragon ore in it.

Now, to get the other, normal one, leave the area where you are and go back to the broken track over the lava. Instead of going up the track, go up the rocky path on the right. Continue along and kill the lava pups (3, i think...) and then the lava hound (meteor works well...try meteor or ice storms). Then open all the ore piles. You'll get some gems and another piece of dragon ore!

Go back to freyedies, and give him each piece one at a time. You can have two pieces of dragon armour (four or five in total if you kill him and raid the treasury). This really is only useful for groups with 4,5 or 6 members, but it is worth getting the extra armour cos it is worth aroun 12500 gold (i think...)

Hope this is useful for somebody, apologies if its already posted.

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai