View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Choc is doing bad now.... Cannot walk, and is losing weight fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
THE hardest thing I think is deciding if I should have him put to sleep when I see him stop eating.... on the one hand, I say 'he has fought his entire life, and would want to go out his way--or naturally... BUT, if I see he is suffering, and the end is near soon, would it not be ethical to let them put him to 'sleep'.. I know quality of life is better than quantity)...

In a crazy way it feels like murder. In another, it seems like a gentle way to allow his suffering to end. I just don't know what I could do. With Charly, he died on the bed, on his little blanket he always loved, with my arms around him, and he passed away.. watching him strain to gasp for breath was heart breaking, and burned into my memory forever.
Sorry I'm a little late on this

So how is he, Z? Mikka is 10 now and I'm starting to think about those things too I bought her a cemetery plot already just in case. My mum is totally against putting her, or any pet, to sleep - in her view, as she grew up on a farm, it's part of the cycle of life. Animals live and they die, it's not up to us to decide how. Whether they are in pain or not, it's what God chose for them. There's nobody to euthanise wild animals. But then there's the other side...if your pet is in agony do you owe it to them to ease their suffering? Since you can?

Tough decisions let us know how Choc is.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote