View Single Post
Old 06-11-2001, 08:47 AM   #26
Charean
Hathor

There are a couple of things that I have not really been able to work through yet. One of them is that the way our prison system currently works, we the taxpayers are under the burden of supporting them (which leads to another rant about having prisons become productive and supporting themselves) - and supporting McVeigh makes me feel icky.

Another is the death penalty. I cannot say I am for it, being a Buddhist really doesn't allow for that sort of thing, but I also understand there are some people who cannot be redeemed. The thing is, if *I* cannot kill a person, I cannot in good conscience expect someone else to. So there is my dilemma.

I certainly cannot condone the man, do not think he should be supported by the people, and I wish there was a way to change his way of thinking.

If this makes me sound wishy washy, well, on this issue I kinda am. It is something I have not been able to truly resolve for myself. I really can't expect the country to do so.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...