View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 12:21 PM   #15
philip
Galvatron

I never finished NWN, came to somewhere in chapter 1 with my halfling rogue.
All I found was that the oc wasn't built for roleplaying, after some time my rogue used flails and the like to kill all the undead. Even with the best weapons against undead it remained really hard. Then the Yuan-ti keeps on killing me befor e i can even hit her.
So i decide to go to the other parts of the city (how well-designed: 4 parts - 4 monsters to kill) there i keep getting killed by human fighters.

That was when I stopped playing the oc downloaded some modules and started playing these to see what was possible with the toolset. I played only 2 modules completely, 1st in penultima and shadowlords 1. I like a few modules now but some completely kill the fun when my leveled character walks in the fuirst fight and get killed in 5 seconds (which probably is my own fault since they get high ratings on nwvault).

Now I'm making my own module which is great funand the toolset is the best i've played with so far.

graphics are nice but take up too much memory for me but with everything on it looked great.

henchmen are stupid i'll never use one, download more modules where you must use them (dreamcatcher) and just play my character a few levesl higher, will never build any module in which you can use them (or make the ai so that it doesn't do stupid things on critical moments. no i don't need bless when some halfling like creatures are killing me )

i've tried some pws. they were huge... and empty. I didn't really like them so far but i'll have to play one further cause it looks really promising

great toolset, bad oc, too hard for some classes, playermade modules are better than the oc and some are worth downloading (according to your tastes), online looks good but have to find a good world still (tried to now)

[ 05-04-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote