View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 10:57 PM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by thoon:
RoryD: Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll try online playing later

Target: I planted the seed in the past, so I don't think it was the prism tree seed. Possibly there were two. I also gather that various henchmen want various items, which would certainly explain left-over items.

[img]redface.gif[/img] ) I can certainly see why you left this game to play w8! I could see when I started that you needed to go around and run through a lot of dialogs first. I too wanted to get on with exploring and fighting, one of the reasons I have so many questions about chapter 1.

Ah, Eye of the Beholder ! #2 (Darkmoon) is what hooked me on rpg games!

Nerull (or anybody) I finished up everything in Chapter 1, including Masterson Amulet, quill, and Daelan's tale. I'm left with two small questions and one big one.

1. I have a silver ring which has a ropelike pattern on the outside and is described as having the picture of a bird against a ? sky. I can't sell it, so it must be needed for something. But what?

2. Very early in the game I had a chance to buy a ring described as 'apparently discarded by Aribeth' which gave protection against various things. It cost a lot, maybe 10k gp so I didn't buy it. When I went back, it wasn't there. Anybody know anything about this?

And finally, could somebody PLEASE tell me exactly where the door is located in the docks quest for Never's tomb. I have searched the sewer and the open part of the aqueduct over and over, and I just can't find it. Also I don't have the note it should contain, meaning I have never been there. :.(

thoon
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
1. It is one of the items needed by one of the henchmen (forget which one, offhand).

2. It is just an item you can buy/use. It has no effect on the story. The spell resistance it grants is great in the beginning, but later has far less use.

The door is to the back part of the area you go to finish the docks, past the boatman. Just look for a chest sitting outside a door (it is hard to locate, mind you, so keep your eyes open).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote