View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 05:53 PM   #44
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
G'kar. You are now talking about inner peace. Very different from the peace you and I were discussing.

I shall avoid being insulted by your above posts because you do not know me. You should not presume one you don't know to have not experienced inner peace.

I repeat. Peace and conflict require two parties to exist.

Inner peace is something totally different, and let us say that I strongly, very very strongly disagree with the Dalai Lamas method of attaining it.

Sorry to be off-topic one more time everyone, but
Yorrick, if you read my original reply to forshyth (sp) and those that follow, I was talking about inner peace all along and it HAS real relevence in relation to creating peace between two warring parties.
And Im sorry to hear that you disagree with compassion as a way to attain inner-peace, as I know of the Dali lama's teachings. Forgive me if I unintentionally almost insulted you, my fish anology was meant to be less personal.Originally, was replying to a post by another member, sharing my knowledge of at least two cultures that handled violent oppression/attack with non-violence, it just so happens both of those cultures also practice ways to achieve "inner peace". Sorry if you disagree.