View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 07:36 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Conan, you are not alone!

I have a huge problem with static electricity. I get shocks off everything - and I give shocks to other people to the extent that you can actually see a blue spark leap between me and the other person. When I used to work in retail, handing over the change would be a nightmare - I used to pray that no-one with a pacemaker would pick my checkout.

I once (no, tell a lie, it has happened a few times) had a huge shock off a metal filing cabinet at work - the entire office heard the crack made by the spark, and it burned my fingers. I can't wear digital watches, because they stop. I have shorted out PCs. The worst thing is kissing, have you ever had an electric shock to the lips? I always try to ground myself by touching wood or plastic before I touch anything metal, or another person - it hurts both of us. Synthetic fibre carpets are my enemy, they really build up the static.

Once I was on a flight, the cabin lights were out and I had one of those synthetic blankets they give you on overnight flights. It crackled every time I shifted - one of my travelling companions told me that they could see the sparks coming off me.

And yes, I have a lot of bad hair days.

Hey, I'm just electric