View Single Post
Old 03-30-2001, 08:45 PM   #213
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Oh Tobbin. I wish I knew what to say. What you need is time I guess. Have you tried writing her a letter to tell her what you wanted to say to her before she died? Just a thought....

**bilqis gives Tobbin a sympathetic hug and sits nearby in the hopes she can somehow comfort him**

I'm ok Bilqis, thanks for the hug and the concern. I'm a loner I guess. I deal with whatever problems I have by myself. I guess that's why I was leaving the board. I knew that there wasn't much that you guys could do to help me. Not saying that your warm thoughts and well wishes went unappreciated. It's just that I have to come to terms with what's happened is all. I would think it encouraging to you guys that I am still here. That should tell you that I'm on the road to recovery.

Quote:
Posted by Lord of Alcohol:

Ok, I may be way off here, but it seems that you were asking me where in NC I was. I was in Fayetteville (FayetteNam). Lived there a considerable amount of my life. Grew up an army brat (my father didn't understand why I went into the Navy, but he accepted it. My step-father understood though, as he was prior NAVY and ARMY. Funny story that as my step-father was in the Navy 1st, but got kicked out cause he was underage. The Army took him in though. Both my father and step-father retired from the ARMY). The reason I went into the Navy was because they offered me more. I enlisted as an E-3 and had a 6,000 dollar sign up bonus (critical rate). I screwed that all up when my step-father died though. I got all messed up in the head for awhile and shortly after taking the tests for E-5, lost a stripe and was an E-3 again. I didn't extend, and didn't re-enlist because of that. It was both of our faults though (mine and the NAVY - kinda long story there).
------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 03-30-2001).]