View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 02:13 PM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Bah it's too late for me to respond fully. But I see things a bit differently than you, although at the same time understand what you are saying as well.

I personally think that one of the things that separate us humans from animals is the fact that our weak can survive, as it is our minds in many ways that makes us the dominant species. We have no pointy teeth or claws or rough skin with fur. We really as humans ARE a weak species in and of itself. But again physical attributes are only a small part of what keeps the human race alive.

I do not wish to see any disease kill any humans, it would be a sick thing to think "oh good we've cleansed".

And to end, the part I do agree with you about is overpopulation. I do think that something should be done about how many children people have. The planet is only so big, and we cannot rape it's resources in entire. Everyone should be able to procreate, but so many have 5 or more kids, and a lot of people have kids simply because they cannot afford birth control (accidents). So we have a huge population of humans, and yes, if it continues to grow, when the planet isn't growing, ultimately we will end up destroying all our resources, hence destroying ourselves.

So I'm more for prevention rather than annihilation, if that makes sense [img]smile.gif[/img]
Possibly...but I reckon terraforming is not just science-fiction. I am pretty sure that at some point other planets will be terraformed where humans will be able to live and thus overpopulation problems will be solved.

And to add to the other discussion: humans DO have natural predators: grizzly bears, lions, crocodiles etc. any of these would not hesitate to attack a human if they were hungry. But people are right that humans do not need to consider any other species competition, of course not, technology cancels out any physical advantages other species have. I agree somewhat that medicine defeats nature's way of "the strong survive" but as people have said it is not always the strong and brainy people that have the best immune systems Also, humans have birth control which means if used properly, there doesn't need to be a "strong survives" because we can all live in equilibrium with our environment. If every couple had no more than 2 children there would be no problems. Why aren't 2 children enough for some couples? I don't know...

[ 12-05-2002, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray