View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 02:05 PM   #19
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Borvik:
I don't have to add very much to Seraphs post. But...
Sir K.: you are talking about varying environments. Uhmmm in my opinion we are not varying - we are destroying it, aren't we? And then do we have to compete with other species? I don't think so. It's more that we should try to survive and it doesn't seem to me that we have the right plan to acomplish that.
Sometimes I'm a pessimist. I'd be glad if somebody could proove me wrong
In my statement, an environment refers to extreme conditions in which we can survive with the aid of tools. We do radically alter the ecosystem with our presence, as any other prolific species would. Whether that's considered destructive depends on your point of view. As far as competition goes, you're partially right. All other animals cannot compete with us. We are so far ahead that we don't even consider them competition anymore. We have to consider helping them in many circumstances. Like I said, we're "Too good for our own good"!