Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
Calagari
Manshoon

It has been this way for me since I was in the service. I had late morning ( 3am to 6am ) guard duty. Years later, I am not saying how many years later, I am still hit with this. As you can see this post is being done at 5:10 am. I have been up since 2 am. I have pills to help with this but don't like to take them. I may sleep from 6 am to 8 am then get up and work. But like you said it still sucks. I get many things done during this sleepless time. I would rather be sleeping though. No wonder Santa never brings me presents. I am always up and awake when he could be here. LOL

Some things to try is lay off the caffeine earlier in the evening. Try eating later at night, or at least a snack before sleeping. Tylenol pm may help also. As a last resort when your home see your doctor and talk to him/her about this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Sucks, doesn't it?

How many of you are plagued with this? How bad? How often?

It's gotten progressively worse for me as finals loom closer, as do the holidays... Lately I'm lucky if I get to bed by six in the morning. No matter how little sleep I get, I can never fall asleep at night. I'm just perpetually tired... It's not pleasant.