View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Interesting thoughts, Wyv. I'm running through with my second character (trying a mage, but he's turned into a fighter). Bows and swords are very, very handy

Although it doesn't pay to spend too much time outside. Number two was attacked by skeletons, wolves, and what looked like a giant scorpion that came in, hit him once (enough to kill him), and then disappeared. Gotta love that "Revive" stuff...

Spells are nice... a locust swarm took down that war troll. Also nice is the chance of losing the spell if you're attacked while casting -- reminiscent of real AD&D rules

The sewers... were you thinking of MM9, with the sewers under... Throndheim, was it? Where you had to retrieve Ludwig Van's manuscript? I didn't think about that until you mentioned it.

I agree, as well, on the technical issues. If this is supposed to go gold next week, it's awful late in the process, and very buggy for it. It's even got the W&W "don't alt-tab or you die" issue

I also agree that the "room" area is kind of like a funhouse. I've found the broken lift, but not the repair item. Now that I know it's not in the room that my fighter jammed the lock on, I'll head back to his savegame and do some more action to try to find it.

Did you ever get the other locked doors to open? The ones that say "something is needed"? They're annoying me at the moment...

Ahhh.... well, those are my immediate thoughts. I'll be heading out to game soon...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote