View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 04:53 PM   #73
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel:
Effective yes but it not as simple as that, terrorist normaly do not sit all togeather in compounds they are in with the normal people, living next door to them working in serect. And any attack like that would only spawn more groups from the friends and relatives of those that died or just those that think such acts were wrong. No terrorists are like a cancer simple cutting it out would damage the surrounding tissue, you must work carefully in order to cause as little damage to the body as possible.
I know that. But you didn't read my post correctly... go after them... if they're having tea at gramma's house, BOOM, no more gramma's house! It's not simple, it's not ethical, it's not done overnight. It's guerrila warfare, it's not pleasant but that's the only way that this war can be won.

The way I see it: if 25 innocent civilian are killed because of a missile attack in Afganistant, that's too bad but it was worth it if you killed the terrorist. Plus, you might also kill other terrorists in the attack. It's sad, it's completely unethical but that's the way it is.

You have to play by there rules if you want to win. As far as they are concerned, civilians are just as an opportunistic target as the speaker of the house (the President of the US is in a different category)