View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
After all of the good things I heard (and lots of research on the official site and one of the databases), I bought the game yesterday. I'm excited to start, but I'm going to go ahead and read the manual first. Any suggestions for a total newbie to MMORPGs? What is the learning curve on this game? I am thinking of starting Horde, maybe as a Troll or Undead. I will probably solo a good deal to start with, but at the same time the mage really jumps out at me (I've already heard they are difficult to solo, so any tips in that regard would be appreciated). If I go that route, I'll probably go with skinning and tailoring as my main professions.

Of course, with KOTOR II coming out on PC, and classes in full session, I'm going to be pressed for time... At least you do gain some xp when you are not playing.
Team often at first. Going mage you will have to anyways. It is a difficult class to play at first but the payoff is huge if you stick with it. There are some quests that require a team to complete. If you're anything like the rest of us, your first char won't be your final/main but rather an experiment. The learning curve is slightly higher than some MMO's but is never tedious. Much is intuitive and the rest you learn as you go. A very, very polished game as far as MMO's go so you're off to a good start .

Horde is tons of fun but alot less populated than alliance. The human population alone outnumbers all of the horde races. Undead is hilarious and cool at the same time. Personally I don't like trolls cuz they all look like dental distasters and speak with a jamaican accent (ruins it for me since im an avid D&D fan and can't bring myself to accept trolls this way). Roll a few chars, test it out and see how you feel. Good luck!