View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 07:03 AM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Waaaaaayeeee back in the day there was an old hex-run game ,with pictures, that was called "The Journey"

I don't think it can run on anything faster than a 100 mhx processor... It was Black and White... I used to play it all the time on the LCIIs, ALL SORTS of stuff was in that game! It's the only game I know of, to date, which had the Starship Enterprise, Godzilla, Freddie Kruger, Jason, Chuckie, Joe Cammel, Ronald Ragon, a John W. Boothe Zombie, Elvis, A fatter Elvis, The queen of England, A pirate ship, A walking talking tentacle, a nerdy guy who wanted to take over the world, a whole bunch of scientists, the Mario Bros., A talking severed head, Hitler Reincarnated Into A Penguin, A weather man, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Barbarians, Knights, King Arthur, Sir Lancelot, Joe Damagio, The whole Sesami Street Cast, Babe Ruth, some Martians, some venucians, A catgirl, werewolves, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leea, Chewy, and the two droids all in ONE BIG GAME Co-hosted by Bill Cosby... make that a person who could immitate Bill Cosby....
YUP games back in the old hex days were awesome!

so what if all you had were black and white still images and text to tell you the story, it was just like playing D&D with a DM saying every word as you go along the way...

oh and who do you play as on this whacky planet called earth?

Why you are... a guy.... in a T shird... and some pants... and that's all thats really important about you... lol

*remembers a part from the game*

"GOD ZIL AAAH!!"

"AAAH! THERE'S A MAN IN THE STREET WITH A CHAINSAW!"

*whiirrrr whirrrrr*

"OH MY GOD IT'S JASON! LOOK AT THE SKI MASK!"

*ROAAAARRR*

*Whirr whirrr*

"THEY'RE GETTING INTO A FIGHT!"

*smash*

*wirrr...errr....*

*ROAAAAAARRR*

"LOOK! UP THERE! IT'S ELVIS! He'LL SAVE US WITH HIS ROUND OF SOUND!"