Thread: Own game
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 03:54 AM   #25
Link
Jack Burton

OK first of all:
- Email me at michieljonkman@hotmail.com; don't play any tricks at me (viruses and stuff).
- Party amount: it would be your own choice. Of course there won't be hundreds NPC's, but you can take them all with you. I know it can be risky, but it will be something new, and different comparing with all the other games. Because you can chose the amount of NPC's coming with you, you can find the perfect balance (in amount). This way you can say: well, I'll take (for instance) 10 people in my party, and live with the consquences (being noticed pretty often, etc.) On the other side you can say: well, i only take 4 NPC's with me, and live with those consequences. Again: All the things written (??? typed) down here are just ideas, i don't know what to do with them just yet, and i consider all of your advice well.
- I am not sure either, Earthdog. I don't know yet whether to send just you through the portal, or you and a couple of friends. The problem lies with the fact that the Final Quest is to return home. If you're alone, that's no big problem ( save the world, and you can go). When you go with more people than yourself, then you got a problem. You cannot simply toss them out of the group, cos they need to get home as well. The solution you gave me was something i thought of earlier on. Battles were something i planned to use eitherway, and that would be a perfect solution for the one-or-more-person problem. Thanks!
- Other sides. Yes, i know. I was thinking about letting the gamer chose between good & evil. That means you'd have two different campaigns (for good to conquer evil, and secure Earth for another 6000 years, and for evil to get rid of the Chosen One, and conquer Earth). To let a person in your group be defected to the other side is a pretty good idea, and very good for the storyline. I guess i'll have to chose between good & evil, and that one, cos both won't work ( advice most welcome on this one!!!!)
Somehow a choice between the right and the wrong path must be available, cos that's what gamers want. Not everybody wants to be the good guy only!! Bad rulez for some (probably a load) of them.
- Thanks for the rest of the ideas, more of those are welcome Earthdog!!
- I know about the monster problem. It's not good to have just 30 different monsters. That would bore a gamer in no time. Dunno what to do about that one. Might ask Memnoch about this.
- Thanks very much Atomizer!!!

OK. So much for all the questions. Keep sending in, and I'll try to answer them all, and work on the rest of the story/ inform you on new ideas!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......