View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 08:26 AM   #26
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Back safe in Baldur’s Gate, with stout stone walls between them and their foes, Attalus insisted on dropping the princess and her guard at their tavern, saying that they needed to rest after their ordeal. When he got back to their house, a slightly built figure rose to greet them in their front hall. Attalus went over to embrace her, for this was Imoen. Her trademark red hair was touched with gray here and there, but there was no mistaking the bright note in her voice or the affection with which she greeted him, then turned and kissed Viconia on the cheek. “Hi,” she greeted them, “I got here late and found that my welcome had evaporated.” Indicating the butler, she continued, “ Karoli over there said that you had gone out after some alarm, but he didn’t know much, so I decided to stay here until you got back and I could have my news piping hot.” Seeing Veldren come in last, for he had been seeing to the horses, she had a kiss and a hug for him, too. Veldren didn’t mind. He loved his Auntie Im, who always had spoiled him.
“Imoen, my dear,” Viconia cried in dismay, “you must be starving. Karoli, is there any dinner left, for I find myself famished.”
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote