View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: spontaneous combustion

I remember I saw a few shows about this, and read a few articles, about it years ago. It is a total mystery, and I would try to see/think about what everyone who spontaneously combusted had in common. The only thing I could see was most of them were depressed and not happy. So at the time I concluded that perhaps (just an off the wall guess), that certain emotions, combined with a certain person's personal chemistry, may ignite something. They do say emotions set off chemical reactions in the body, so it is food for though (albeit a very slim chance that is what it is, but there you go anywho). I say this because not all were smokers, and not all were fat either, but all were depressed in their lives. Not to say everyone who is depressed will burn up, because that can't be because many people are depressed. But perhaps it is a chemical combination based upon certain individuals, and again, their personal chemistry and/or genetics.

Did you see a recent show about Spontaneous Combustion? Cause I haven't in a while, but about 10 years ago it seemed a popular topic on Discover channel, etc. An interesting thing to wonder about either way.

Reality Show Recaps

Last edited by Ladyzekke; 10-25-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote