View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 11:49 AM   #1
Iqbal_khi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In case you don't know he's a dude you meet while doing the Cernd's child quest

Actually, he doesn't turn hostile if you just go with the flow... but i'm not about to pass up 26000 exp, so the first time i played i hit him with a magic missile. He saw red and started to wreak havoc with the party, casting time stop, imprison, etc etc

When anomen bought the farm, i reloaded (I can't bear the thought of anyone dying on my watch) This time i magic missile to turn him red, and insect plagued him at the same time.... that spell rocks! the only spell he managed to get off was his contingency [img]smile.gif[/img] In the box you can read Spell Failure Spell Failure. So i thought it would be a piece of cake and continued to wail on him with Cernd, anomen and me.

Soon enuff, Lagole Gon-Death came on, so i paused, unpaused and my fighters were still doing damage to him! (Don't ask me why i paused, probably because his spheres were still up) Moving my cursor over him, it read uninjured! It took two more Lagole Gon- death before he finally stayed dead.

Later, i read through Dan's walkthrough and discovered that he's a "lich" So my question... Do all lichs have to be killed thrice before they die? Or was this a isolated incident since he's not suppose to turn hostile at all?

Off topic: F/M can only get two proff points in any weapon? Is this worth multiclassing to get the fighter HLA or should I kensai, grandmaster then dual to a mage, forgoing the fighter HLA?